CD Ladder Calculator
Use this calculator to examine the benefits of investing in a series of Certificates of Deposits with different maturities, also called a CD Ladder. With a CD Ladder, you can benefit from higher interest rates for longer maturities, while achieving better liquidity, rather than investing in a single long-term CD.
- Total to invest
- This is the total amount to invest in your CD Ladder.
- Frequency of Maturing CDs
- How often you would like to have a CD maturing. For example, if you choose six months, one of your CDs in your CD ladder will mature every six months.
- Amount in each CD
- How much you wish to invest in each CD in your ladder. We use this amount to calculate the number of CDs in the ladder. If the amount that you enter isn't evenly divisible by the total you wish to put into your CD Ladder, we will automatically adjust it up to an evenly divisible amount.
- CDs in your Ladder
- The number of CDs that will be in your CD ladder. Each CD will have a different maturity, so that one of your CDs will mature at the frequency you specify. This calculator assumes that you redeposit all matured CDs into new CDs that have a term of the longest maturity in your original CD ladder.
- Interest is compounded
- Interest earned on your CD's accumulated interest. This calculator allows you to choose the frequency that your CD's interest income is added to your account. The more frequently this occurs, the sooner your accumulated interest income will generate additional interest. You may wish to check with your local office to find out how often interest is being compounded on your particular CD.